On June 23rd, 2014 Colors of Nature attended one evening of a week-long retreat for members of this prestigious national watercolor society. Here we found the top professional watercolor artists in Canada. Each member had an impressive background in watercolors and we were honored to present a half-hour seminar on our unique watercolor paints.
Here, we received valuable feedback about our paints and our products.
We learned that:
- The ecological benefits of our paint were appealing, especially to artists who had to scale back on their exposure to harmful agents that can compromise their health.
- Our paint handled well, and had a nice, creamy consistency to it.
- The color range was perfect for plein air and landscapes.
- While some liked the pots (so they can use up all the paint) many plein air painters preferred tubes so they can use them outdoors.
- Our Hahnemulle bamboo paper sold out very quickly. We were told to bring more of it next time!
- One artist who owned an art supply shop was happy to find that we supply small and large quanties of loose pigments, and she found our prices to be very affordable.
We found these esteemed artists very friendly, open-minded and receptive to new concepts in earth-friendly art supplies. One artist was playing with our paints on bamboo paper and produced this beautiful, spontaneous piece:
We also set up an affiliate program with CSPW, where their members receive a 20% discount and a percentage of each sale by their members is returned to them as a donation. We really enjoyed meeting all the members and had a wonderful evening in Orillia, Ontario!